What is TEMPROFILE?
is a Fortran-based program for calculating temperature profiles in multilayer
stacks of dielectrics and metals, subject to illumination by a moving
(or stationary) laser beam. Details of the analytical and numerical techniques
used in computing light absorption and heat diffusion in multilayers as
well as several application examples may be found in the references cited
below. References 2 and 3, in particular, give a detailed description
of the theory behind the computations. For ease of reference, reprints
of these articles are included in the programs manual.
1. M. Mansuripur, The Physical Principles of Magneto-optical Recording, Cambridge University Press, London, 1995.
2. M. Mansuripur, G.A.N. Connell and J.W. Goodman, "Laser-Induced Local Heating of Multilayers," Applied Optics, Vol.21, No.6, pp 1106-1114 (March 1982).
3. M. Mansuripur and G.A.N. Connell, "Laser-Induced Local Heating of Moving Multilayer Media," Applied Optics, Vol.22, No.5, pp 666-670 (March 1983).
4. M. Mansuripur and G.A.N. Connell, "Thermal Aspects of Magneto-optical Recording," Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.54, No.9, pp 4794-4798 (September 1983).
5. M. Mansuripur,
"Computer Modeling of Optical Storage media and Systems,"
Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 1316, 70-80 (1990)
7. M. Mansuripur, "Laser Heating of Multilayer Stacks," Optics & Photonics News, May 1999.
© Copyright 1987-2011, MM Research, Inc. 5748 N. Camino del Conde, Tucson, Arizona 85718